Interested in a career in tax and working for British Taxpayers?
Due to continued growth, we at British Taxpayers are looking to expand our team. As a Chartered Firm of Tax Advisers we pride ourselves on the exceptionally high level of service we provide to our clients, both in terms of technical support and client service.
Based in Sussex, we deal with a variety of clients based all over the globe. As a private client firm specialising in the taxation of High Net Worth Individuals, Non UK residents and Non UK domiciled individuals, our work is varied and you will be unlikely to find this standard of client work in any other firm outside of London.
We are looking to recruit a Tax Manager to provide overall management of the compliance area of the business. You will be CTA qualified, nearing the end of your examinations or, hold relevant technical experience to a similar level. Your background will be wholly or largely private client. Whilst experience dealing with non UK residents and non UK domiciled individuals would be preferable, it is not required. You should hold managerial experience and have the skill set required to support and assist more junior members of the team, as well as monitor the teams progression and internal and external targets.
As a Tax Manager at British Taxpayers you will;
- Be able to competently manager your own workload and that of more junior members of the team with limited support from the directors
- Review junior members’ work with a very high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to work and develop junior members in their technical skills and office management skills
- Be a motivational influence within the office environment and be able to provide feedback at an appropriate level on a regular basis
- Use resources and reference material including journals and technical books to develop the technical knowledge of more junior members.
- Continue to develop your professional knowledge through effective CPD.
- Demonstrate an awareness of budget changes and be able to brief more junior members of the team on relevant matters.
- Have an awareness over yours and junior members of staff recoverability and billing
- Be able to support a more senior team member in securing a new client or begin identifying opportunities to get new clients.
This is a full time role, contracted to 35 hours per week, however, we operate flexible working hours.
If you are looking to apply for any of the above vacancies please send a covering letter and your CV to Hayley.McCarten@britishtaxpayers.com
Due to the rural location of our offices your own transport will be a necessity.
Strictly no agencies